About

Founded in 1941, 489 Squadron started with its headquarters based in Dolphin Lane School only on Sundays. Tuesdays were spent at Hartfield Crescent School and Thursdays at Sparkhill Commercial School.

By 1942 the squadron numbers were that considerable, the Committee took the decision to form another Squadron to deal with the number of cadets. The new Squadron was formed in Yardley Read More…